November 03, 2012

LUDOVICO DE LUIGI VENETIAN PAINTER


A
LUDOVICO DE LUIGI VENETIAN PAINTER
A
A
LUDOVICO DE LUIGI VENETIAN PAINTER
I prefer to visit painter place which they work and live. You can understand there paint backround and life style. I got this interview from Lamuslenis magazin. All the image from Lamuslenis magazin. His explanation of his own Venice that inspire me. I remembered my first trip to Venice. This reason I would like to share with you. I love to hear artist own word about his place that they live. How they see there city. I prefer to hear Turkish painter' s Istanbul with there views with there musicians and places.
Opening the door into Ludovico De Luigi' s home, I felt as though I was entering a space where time had stopped still. Things, paintings, books, photographs, hats, and jackets seemed frozen, as if put down a century ago and never since move: blended together, they forged the unique aura of the home.
Ludovico De Luigi is a renowned Italian artist painting surrealist apocalyptic visions of his hometown, Venice. Here, He was born and raised and has lived and worked for many years. Like many Venetians,
he is in love with his city and has always remained faithfull to it. 

A
A

'...Venice is unique, nowhere in the world is like her. I have traveled a lot, worked in many cities all over the globe, but I' ve always come home to Venice. It is the only place I can feel an organic part of the city. The sounds and smells of it weave together in concord. The interior spaces of the houses merge with exterior. The city touches all of my senses. Venetian houses have thin walls when the weather changes, I feel it with my skin. The sounds of boats, gulls, bells, and passers-by find their way into the house. I always feel like a living part of the city. as I paint in my studio I hear people talking in the street. Sometimes I think I' m lucky those aren' t my thoughts! You say I've fallen love with Venice? Far from it! It is her that fell in love with me! We live loving each other, in harmonious symbiosis. The artist and his city...

A

A
A

I found this house. I have been living in more than thirty years . I was looking for a space for my work. When I stepped inside, I felt as I' d always lived here. The house is large and spacious for Venice, and full of light. I immediately felt this space was different, steeped in mystery. With all these large and small spaces and secret nooks, this was the ideal home for creativity. I was a young artist then, with little money and lots of ideas. I never dreamt I' d spend my life here, but life turned out as it did, and I am still here, in this house I was enchanted with at first sight. I now feel that mysoul is entwined with at first sight. I now feel that my soul is entwined with the soul of the house. We are one.

A
A
This is the house my son grew up in, I had so many adventure here, met so many people. My home became a workshop and gallery, visited by guest from all corners of the Earth. Travelers to Venice are always in search of real Venetian, a magical person privileged to be staying permanently amidst this beauty created over the centuries by people living here. Each of them has left a part behind. All of the old bricks, paving stones, palace marbles are soaked with the spirits of the people who used to live here. Some times I feel their presence as I walk down the street. Many vastly talented personalities have lived and created here. The famous Venetian composer and violinist Albinoni was born, grew up, and died in San Barnaba Street, where I live now. In the evening, when the day' s bustle settles down and I get my thoughts together to create, I feel the spirit of this renowned Venetian. I listen to his music as I paint, and I feel that it was born here, nurtured by the intimate, inimitable, unique beauty...
A
A
A
If, when you are in Venice, you hear loud music in San Barnaba Street, know that you're close to Ludovico de Luigi' s workshop. If you're curious, be sure to visit his house.

  A
B

LUDOVICO DE LUIGI