April 03, 2013

BICOCACOLORS DESIGN BY ELENA NUEZ


A

BICOCACOLORS
INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER  & PHOTOGRAPHER ELENA NUEZ
MADRID, SPAIN

A


BICOCACOLORS
INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER  & PHOTOGRAPHER ELENA NUEZ
MADRID, SPAIN
 B
1-Most of your photographs are about shapes and colors. Why are these so important to you?
Perhaps a professional bias. I’ m an industrial designer – my job consists of creating forms, adding colors, and finding the perfect balance between them.
2-You seem to be inspired by simple everyday things that surround us. Is there a magical way you see things?
It ‘s like game; I like finding the beauty ( or magic as you call it ) that hides in every thing. Who said that a twisted and rusty nail couldn’ t be nice?
3-How would you describe your own creations?
Complicated question. I would say that they are creative exercises; the technique of my photography is not very sophisticated, but the fact that they are everyday items taken out of their enviroment makes them different. I learn every day and I’m always thinking of new ideas. The process is very enjoyable. I had the most fun with ACID ( because I was painting and taking pictures at the same time ) and LEAVES ( because I couldn’ t stop painting those leaves ).
4-Where else can we find your works?
You won’ t find my photography anywhere because I haven’ t been selling it until now, but seeing the success I might have to reconsider, don’ t you think? Photography is a hobby for me. I started taking pictures of details because they served as inspiration for my paintings. The macros really helped me understand the structures of textile designs, and I’ ve always liked mixing drawings with photography for the presentations of my designs. The first thing that will be published is a wallpaper design based on photos. The idea came from here.
5-What other forms of art do you like?
Painting in the broadcast sence of the word. Abstract painting impresses me in particular, as it can transmit either a simple line, a color, or a shape.
6-What do you find beautiful in life?
Ha ha… This depens on the day. Generally everything seems nice to me, or almost everything – the magic lies in the crystal through which you look!
7-What other artists do you admire?
There are so many of them, but lately I’ ve been following the work of: Ikenaga Yasunari, Valerie Buess, Susannah Blaxill, Hengki Koentjoro, Kim Duck Young, Georgg Kantioler.
8-Where on Earth would you like to live if not Spain?
Probably in Italy, I lived there for three years after the college and fell in love with Italy, its design, art, the landscapes, the food, and of course the people!
9-Tell us a few sentences about your home.
The word that defines it best is ‘’ alegre ‘’ ( happy ), because it has a lot of light ( very important to me ), nad enjoy good views of a large park in the centre of Madrid. The dominant color is white, but there are more colors and wood, it’ s full of memories: stones and sand from different beaches, books, drawings and paintings. And it is also the place where I work, so it’ s a little chaotic, but in order. And I love the feeling I get when I return from a trip – it’ s so confortable!
10-What kind of music inspires you at the moment?
Right now, for example, I’ m listening to Miles davis.
11-What books and magazines do you like reading?
Normally I read a lot of decor and fashion magazines, but now I prefer to read them online. Books are different: I read everything that falls into my hands. Now ı’ m with Heretic by Miguel Delibes.
12-Did blogging change your life in any way?
Absolutely! I share photos with all these people who devote a minute of their tine every day to leave a comment. I love those kind words and the fact that my photos have served as inspiration for many. If the blog teaches people to see things in a different way, then it not only has changed my life, but it also makes me happy!

Elena Nuez' s interview had quoted from Lamu Slenis Magazine. You may reached above web adress to see all interview. I may recommend to link Elena Nuez’ s  web page or from my suggestions to see more her photographs to click below my blog adress.

http://mymagicalattic.blogspot.com/2012/11/elena-nuez-madrid-spain.html
A

A
EN BLANCO
A
A
OXIDO
A
A
OXIDO


A
OXIDO
A
A
EN BLANCO
A
A
TRAMAS
A
A
TRAMAS
A
A
TRAMAS
A
A
CABALLOS
A
A
EN BLANCO
A
A
CABALLOS
A
A
CERILLAS
A
A
EN BLANCO
A
A
OXIDO
A
A
OXIDO
A
A
LAPICES
A
A
HORIZONTES DE PAPEL
A
A
LE PLAZA DE TOROS DE MIJAS
A
A
LLUEVE
A
A
MILHOJAS
A
A
LLUEVE
A
A
TIZAS
A
A
TIZAS
A
A
OXIDO
A
A
EN BLANCO
A
A
ELENA NUEZ